11/21/10

305/365


Thanks to BP's effort to "restimulate" the economy in the Gulf, I am riding the coattails of my beau at the 1st Annual Northwestern Florida Songwriters Festival. Like I tweeted, being married to a songwriter and being a songwriter are two totally different things. All weekend I got to brag on how great of a writer my husband is and just be proud of him from the shadows. That's fun. Because I know that someday if the tables turn, he'd be right there doing the same for me. I'm gonna be transparent for a minute here, though. Everytime I go to one of these things, the other writers, the great people at BMI, etc. try to et me up on stage to do a song or two. But I duck out everytime. I can't enjoy something just being handed to me because I'm somebody's wife. I have to believe that one day I will do something worthy of being asked to be there exclusively by myself. And when that happens, I will eat it up. But, until then.....it is his time.

No comments:

Post a Comment