1/1/11

363/365


Our preacher, Pete Wilson, wrote in his blog the other day that there are only a few people he agrees with 100% and those people aren't interesting (or something to that affect). I've come to love colorful people in this short life I've lived. And I have to believe that if someone's personality appears to fit neatly in a box then maybe they're not truly being who they were made to be. Enter, one Walter Murrell. A VERY colorful individual who lives in Hansford County. And we spent an evening about 10 miles from a blacktop road in an old tin barn full of empty tequila bottles hanging from the ceiling by wire like dead soldiers. And then there's the wind. The kind that exceeds 30 miles and hour and shakes the room on all 5 sides. So we sat around a wood burning stove in the glow of some neon signs w/ the likes of Charlie Robison & Toby Keith blaring from a Bose speaker tonight. And I was delighted to better know Walter Murrell. The hippie rancher of Hansford County. He collects toy tractors. And escapes to Mexico at least once a year for his soul's revival. Quite frankly, he cracks me up. And quite frankly, I like him alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment