12/30/10

362/365


I'm not gonna lie. I'm starting to get somewhat sentimental as I make these final entries. Like I want every day to be much more interesting than it is so i can go out with a bang. But the truth is, life is not like the movies. It is much more sporadic. Harder to predict and I'm glad for that. But back to today...

As I mentioned yesterday, we find ourselves back in the great state of Texas for the final hunting trip of 2010. And it brings me great joy to know that I have almost....not quite, but almost survived another year of these windy, cold, rural, quiet, dry and a little bit depressing days spent in Gruver. On one hand, these little farming towns are gold because they prioritize the things that matter. God, family, church, school, etc. But it's almost like an oxymoron to me because at the same time there are so many people that are starved for community. Living out in the country and not seeing but a few people a day scares the crud out of me. I would be so lonely. And yet there are those who are completely fulfilled. I guess it's a matter of blooming where you're planted. And today I was planted 4 miles west and 1 mile south of town with 18 pheasant hunters while the wind nearly took my feet out from under me. Chalk it up to marriage to find me (the least outdoorswoman) all up in that.


No comments:

Post a Comment