12/21/10

351/365


Life is so ironic. Mr. Comley used to beg me to sing any kind of solo. And somehow I almost made it out of 8 years of choir, 2 years of Singers, & girls ensemble w/o a trace of a solo. Until the final concert of my senior year when I was no longer asked, but volunTOLD to sing. So I personally find it extremely amusing that almost 10 years later I finally gave in and sang the solo of Mr. Comley's dreams. Or should I say my dreams.

Tonight I had the complete HONOR & PLEASURE & PRIVILEGE of singing "The Giver & The Gift" with my alma mater's choir backing me in the church I grew up in during the holidays. I'm at the point in my songwriting career where hearing ANYONE sing one of my lyrics back to me (or use it as facebook status, etc) just makes my stinkin day. But having the harmonies of an entire choir wrap around you and the entire sanctuary...now that's a whole 'nother ballgame. Hands down, one of my favorite moments of the year. Thank you, SHS, for keeping it classy at Christmas time.

1 comment: