12/19/10

344/365


Only my Nashville peeps will fully appreciate this, but today was Gerry House's last day on WSIX and it felt equal parts sad and epic. When I was in college, I had a 1 hour commute in the mornings and the race to get up and workout, get ready and out the door by 7 only to sit in the parking lot otherwise known as I-40, was somehow always redeemed by The House Foundation. I mean, it's no secret that I have a thing for older, somewhat cynical, somewhat sarcastic, maybe even a little grumpy & jaded men. But that radio show was more than just that. It was like the friend I didn't have in the passenger seat. Luckily, my schedule doesn't require me to sit in morning traffic like that anymore, but all the same, I will miss Gerry House. This was his final signing off...I'm so happy I happened to be driving at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment