12/26/10

353/365


It's probably because he reminds me so much of my Grandpa Galyon who passed away when I was in junior high. Or maybe it's because he's got that good ole boy/ grumpy old man combo goin for him...which we all know goes a long way with me. But a trip to Gruver, TX just wouldn't be complete without some face time with the one and only Charlie Bell. The first time I ever visited his house, I ended up winning $50 off of him over some silly bet we made. And to this day I can say we ALWAYS leave his house a little richer than when we came. This trip we introduced him to apple pie moonshine (a Clawson household staple) and he gave us a bottle of Ciroc. Nothing says Christmas and family like the exchange of hard alcohol :)

In this clip you'll see he and Rodney playing poker off the serial numbers on $20 bills. Outcome? We net $80 in about 5 minutes. Merry Christmas, yall.

No comments:

Post a Comment