12/26/10

356/365


Christmas is only truly Christmas through the eyes of a child. Luckily, I've never had a year of my life this far where someone in my family didn't believe in Santa. (FYI, Coop still believes, but I feel that chapter coming to a close very soon. In fact, he may not even believe anymore, but is too afraid that he won't come if he admits he knows the truth!) I remember walking into the kitchen at my Grandma's one year and overhearing my aunt tell grandma that the dollhouse from my cousin "wasn't under the tree because it was going to be from Santa". It would've been less painful to punch my in the gut 20 times. I was a MESS. Eventually I got over that and lived vicariously through my younger brothers. And NOW, thankfully, I've got nieces and nephews and 2nd cousins that are being born so fast that I can't keep up. Thank you, God, for these little eyes who only reinforce the whole point of this holiday: new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment