9/6/10

229/365


That John Denver knows what he's talkin about. I mean, my heart just breaks wide open when I get in the mountains. They make me feel small and powerful at the same. Small because I see something so big only the hand of God could create. Powerful because I know I'm something only the hand of God could create.

And as I sit here with a brisk breeze coming off the mountains and kissing me on the face, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Obviously because of the beauty, but also because of why I'm here. I was invited out by the old crew that I used to work with [before I was a full-time songwriter]. And I love them. They knew me when I was bouncing up and down the halls of William Morris in my running clothes and a messy ponytail. Back when I was just feeling my way through the everyday life of being a full-time college student and full-time employee. And now we have this unique bond that is hard to explain. Sometimes I'm like the daughter their boss never had. Sometimes I'm like their little sister. Sometimes I'm like an ex-employee. And maybe sometime I'll be their official client. But more than anything, they are dear friends.

The first night here at Copper Mountain we shut down Endo's, so we had to relocate to the OTHER (yes, there's only two) bar, Mulligan's. And, let me just tell you. There are some interesting folks here. Take Crystelle, for instance. A perfect stranger. Who basically volunteered her whole life story to us for no reason. It might be one of those "you had to be there" moments, but I'm pretty sure it was worth sharing. She basically told us how she was engaged. But from what we gathered, her so-called fiance doesn't even remember that he supposedly proposed in a drunken stupor from across the ocean.

Only in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment