9/13/10

237/365


There used to be a day when walking miles in the rain to watch a team I didn't even follow play was out of the question. Those days are gone. I guess it's a combination of maturity, perspective and who knows, maybe even in small part, this blog, that's responsible for it. But somewhere along the way I've started assessing situations based on their worth in memories rather than convenience. And today was an example of that.

Normally I'd consider the time, the money, the fact that I don't know the name of but 1 UT player. Not to mention that I look hideous in orange. But there was a moment today where I was shoulder to shoulder with 100k plus people in the walkways of Neyland Stadium taking cover from a torrential thunderstorm....trying to hold a hotdog and 3 bottles of water....and protect my camera...peeking through the hood of my fishing jacket turned raincoat....dodging very "touchy" college guys....navigating my way back to the group.....when I thought....

what a memory.

Now I have to mention that it wasn't much of a game. But after the game, we hoofed it back up Cumberland like a bunch of freaking locals, nonetheless. Because all is fair in love and college football.

[Nicolle would also like to mention as a sidenote that not even the 100k plus attendance could compare to a Big XII game. Her attendance at this game was mere entertainment, not fan loyalty.]

No comments:

Post a Comment