9/18/10

242/365


They say you don't know what you've got until it's gone. But I say you don't know where you'refrom until you're gone. Much like the way I didn't understand how windy and flat Kansas was until I moved to Tennessee, I didn't realize how precise we are in the United States until I went to Mexico. I mean, when we build a sidewalk, we actually start and finish the whole block. And when we build a structure, we actually paint the WHOLE thing. And it's not just the economic state down here that is responsible for this behavior. I think it's generation after generation of not knowing any different.

Aside from the obvious luxurious perks of this trip, this week has really been such eye-opening experience as far as better understanding the Mexican culture. We aren't at a resort surrounded by American conveniences. We are immersed in the lifestyle of this island and i am just a sponge. Taking in every single detail of even the most ordinary events, ie the grocery store. And I am not proud to announce that I have since begun a love affair with these Dulci Gamas gummy candies and Emperador vanilla creme cookies. Oh, Lord, help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment