7/12/10

184/365


When people tell me they are enamored with songwriters and the writing process, I say to them "Sure you can! Writing is easy!" This is often followed by an eye roll on their behalf. Because to me, putting words to music is natural. And it's not until I sit down in front of a blank canvas or a sewing machine or anything crafty that I begin to relate to how others feel about songwriting.

So, tonight, I went to a birthday party at a pottery place. Not gonna lie. I've been somewhat dreading the whole experience this week. I begin to have flashbacks of junior high art class when the teacher would circle the room, looking over everyone's shoulder. I did not love that. But 1 martini and some Copper Kettle in, and I was fearlessly painting :) Maybe that's what was missing in Junior High....the martini bar ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nicolle, you may not remember me...but I grew up playing you in sports. I was from Lyons, KS..."old rivals", we are. :) Graduated in 2001. I, too, have a blog and somehow landed on yours...crazy how our "blog worlds" collide, huh?! Anyway...just wanted to tell you that I enjoy reading your blog...couldn't figure out how to "follow" your blog but will check in periodically. Happy Summer, to you.

    ReplyDelete