7/9/10

183/365


It started with an emergency trip to the dentist, instigated by a crumbling tooth. If that wasn't bad enough, I got a phone call that just let me down. Not anything traumatic, just something that really disappointed me. And, as much as I tried to look at my life through a lens of gratitude, I'd be lying if I didn't say that today was just a bad day. Not on my list of favorites.

But, right before I left my dentist shared that he'd be traveling to Guatemala next week to do dental work on the poor. He mentioned how heartbreaking it is for him to see this young, beautiful, teenage girls...and then he has to remove their four front teeth because they're in so much pain. It's all about perspective, this life.

And as for that phone call that let me down, well, that was somewhat compensated for when I realized that today I am officially MORE THAN HALFWAY DONE WITH THE FLIP PROJECT!!!! Leave it to me to always find the silver lining :)


1 comment:

  1. Found you on my buddy Dan Lavery's Twitter page.
    Great voice you have! Keep going girl!!

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1398486882&ref=hpbday&pub=2386512837#!/carlammurphy

    ReplyDelete