7/19/10

190/365


I drink coffee. That's a statement I thought I would never say. In all fairness, I really only drink 1 particular concoction at Starbucks that includes coffee. Nonetheless, I drink coffee.

Today I was "at coffee" with a friend when I started thinking about this little drink. What is it about sitting at a table over two cups of this caffeinated poison that makes us show our inner-most vulnerabilities? And what is it about the thrill of ordering a cup of something that has up to 12 potential names (none of which are small, medium or large)? Feedback on this topic, please. Anddd....go!

3 comments:

  1. The aroma itself is intoxicating. Every morning I make the coffee and as the coffee pot begins to heat up and the water starts filtering through the grounds, I can hardly wait to have a cup of it in my hands, sitting on the couch with a blanket;) In fact, I'm really craving a cup right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good song choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marketing genius... linguistic identifiability = brand buy-in. Felt weird not to know how to order the first time; just as it felt good to be an 'insider' the 2nd order - right?. If the caffeine doesn't hook you, the lingo will. Order an intellectual espresso for me Nicolle. (Feel free to take that and weave it into a song somehow; I'll toast my 5 pump peppermint Venti hot chocolate to that my friend :) . PS-- Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete