4/13/10

102/365


Q: What is the term used in the English language to describe the sound made between two short vowel sounds?

A: schwa

See, I do learn something everyday (thanks for trivia night)!

I've had two very fulfilling, yet very long, writing days since my last entry. And, ironically, in both writes, the topic of child abuse came up. They were in very different contexts. I've been lucky enough to have not been really affected by this issue in my life. And, I just want to take a second and put this out there. In the discussions I've had in the past few days, I've been blown away with a very simple concept: actions toward children have exponential reactions. One inappropriate act in the heat of a moment will have a mulititude of reactions throughout the remainder of that child's life. Which made me then think that adults aren't really that much different.

Makes me wanna treat every word I say and every move I make with more care.

1 comment:

  1. This post is like everyday for me. I teach my students how to properly articulate sounds like the schwa, and I'm constantly reminded about what results from child abuse with my students and being a mandatory reporter. It really gives you something to think about.

    ReplyDelete