4/18/10

106/365


You don't understand allergies until you've lived in Middle Tennessee. I'm talking about disabling allergies. The kind where you can't function. Someone once told me that the Native Americans nicknamed this area "the land of sickness". And I believe it, because that was before Clarinex. It's not a great idea to put a city full of people who need their voices to create in the middle of a pollenated war-zone. Which leads me to my newest friend, the neti pot. I am slowly falling in love with this little miracle worker.

Speaking of people who need their voices, the ACM's were on tonight. Hands down the best overall country awards show I've seen. I felt so good about everyone who won/why they won/and what they do musically. I don't know if it was just me or not, but I truly felt a shift in what music row is currently valuing. It's real. And it's sophisticated. And it's emotional. And vulnerable. From song choice to winners, acceptance speeches to overall attitude, I like what I saw. As I did with the Grammy's, I'll share my personal highlights:

  • Carrie Underwood so genuinely thanking "her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ".
  • Carrie Underwood showing her personality, which I've always wanting to see more of.
  • Mike Wrucke winning Album of the Year w/ Miranda. GO Mr. Natalie Hemby!
  • Miranda winning Female Vocalist and saying "Are you freaking kidding me?!"
  • Jason Aldean singing "Crazytown"...for obvious reasons.
  • Randy Houser's laugh.
  • Sarah Buxton on the orange carpet.
  • Lady A...everything.
  • Following @joeleathers & @kyliesackley's tweets.
I love country music. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. For 23 years, I have tried every allergy medication and nose spray on the market. Since I can't function with any type of allergy medication, I was given a nose spray that would just help with the swelling caused by the allergies: Veramyst. Out of the 9,895,349 nose sprays that I have tried, Veramyst has been the best and hasn't caused any side effects. The sinus rinses (like the neti pot) are great, but I can't do that kind of treatment, since I had sinus surgery. I'm not sure if you've tried something like Veramyst, but in case the sinus rinses don't work..something like that nose spray might help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Nicolle~ Only YOU can look that cute using a neti pot! Brian likes to sing "I'm a Little Teapot" when I use it, so I loved that you did that too. ;)

    ReplyDelete