8/12/10

210/365


Alas, our summer co-ed slow pitch softball winning streak came to an end tonight as the CMT Swingers defeated our then undefeated Hollywood team in the league championship game. Some of tonight's highlights (from both the semifinal and final game, collectively) are:

#4. Rodney striking out.
#3. Rodney striking out again.
#2. Rodney nearly scaling the fence to snag a pop fly for the 2nd out in the 6th inning.
#1. Nicolle literally tripping in the dew-covered grass as she sacrificed her body to catch a fly ball in right center that bounced out of her glove, off of her torso and back into the glove, gracefully landing on her butt, but holding the ball up high in the air from the seated position to proudly display the proof of her Angels in the Outfield moment.

Now that the season's over, I can wholeheartedly say that I was the best at the being the worst player on the Hollywood team. But just like in Hollywood, some of the worst players make the best plays. I don't even know what that means, but I like it and it's 1:23 am. And I have to write a hit tomorrow. Not get a hit, but write one. No, really. I'm not deleting a word I just typed. I'm throwing in the towel. Now that I mention it, I could've really used a towel tonight. It was really hot...

1 comment:

  1. just saw this concert announcement for the Ryman and thought you'd wanna be front row/on stage :-) for it:
    NEEDTOBREATHE
    Thursday, November 18 at 7:30 pm
    $25
    Tickets on sale Saturday, August 14 at 10 am

    ReplyDelete