8/22/10

221/365


I'm been sitting here for a minute or two trying to figure out the best way to describe this steady overflow of gratitude that's been in affect all day. Here goes...

Most of my life is spent either thinking about a moment that just happened or the one that is about to happen. What do I think about what this person just said? What am I going to say when they quit talking? Where am I going when this is over? How do I feel about what just happened? You get my drift. This is good AND bad. Good because a life unexamined isn't a life lived. But it's bad because it distracts me from the current second that God just handed me. And when you're not fully engaged in the moment you miss the beauty of it.

Today wasn't like that. I felt like every minute was a rediscovery of the blessings in my life. At every turn was another face of someone who God has used to shape me. First, an amazing morning at Crosspoint where I found myself thinking "this music alone...these voices in unison...are proof enough that God loves us." And then there was this great message about community and how we should celebrate people without reservations, which sparked a much-needed revelation about myself, but that's another story. It was beautiful. And then I found myself surrounded by people I respect, love, cherish on the way out. Then I was on this bike ride with someone whom I have one of the most precious relationships of my whole life. And then I was sharing a meal with 8 amazing women, all celebrating the future Juliet Huebner. (yes, #7.)

And the thing is, none of these things are out of the ordinary. It was just that I was seeing them all through a different lens. Same world, different girl. Isn't that the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment