6/7/10

149/365


Practice, practice, practice.

My publisher sent me this article today called Personality Counts...all about what it takes to be an artist in the music biz. It was 11 bullet points. And what was #1?

1. Are you willing to work?

Plan on giving up television. Nights out with your friends. Marriage.
Children. Making it is about sacrifice. Talent is at best fifty
percent, desire is the res
t.

Well, I'd just like to announce that if wearing tutu's in June in front of a room full of indie artists isn't sacrifice and passion, then I don't know what is :) The Mistletoe Project is playing the All Music Conference next week and can I just publicly confess that I've been praying for courage. And for a true sense of confidence in God's plan. Because I'm gonna need both of those in order to sell what we're fixin to sell at this show. We'll be playing our Christmas project for film and tv supervisors alongside some SERIOUS musicians...in our full-on Mistletoe gear! AHHHH. It's a private event, so we won't really have our die-hard Christmas addicts there to give us that boost we need, so we're practicing our little tutu-bearin' booties off in order to best prepare ourselves for the gig.

As for my pub's email, I have to say...that I love anything that puts hard work at the top of the list. Not because hard work is about earning something great. But hard work is an active faith in what God will provide. So, we're just fa-la-la-laboring our way toward next week and whatever it will bring.





1 comment:

  1. Tragedy. I was going to be able to ditch an uncomfortable dress and killer shoes (aka..a wedding reception) to attend the show. :( Lol. Anyway, I wish you both the best! Y'all will have to show 'em how it's done! ..and if you see a girl in a dress sitting on the side of the road..who looks like she abandoned a wedding and walked for miles...that may or may not be me.. hahah.

    ReplyDelete