6/13/10

154/365


As I was trapped belly to back at the front of a crowd of 80,000 drug-induced bodies, in 90 degree heat, with no guarantee of not getting trampled or a deathly secondhand high, I couldn't help but ask myself, "How did I get here"? And now that I'm back in the comfort of my air-conditioned home, 2 showers and 8 hours of sleep later, I can tell you exactly how I got there. GRAND DESIGN. Although at the time I was in the most delirious form of heat-exhausted states, Bonnaroo was most definitely a memory that has grown and flourished in the past 24 hours. There's no telling how big it will be in my mind 20 years from now.

To be more exact, I had the privilege of sharing in the fruits of my friends' labor. If you've never heard of Aloompa, that ends today. Kurt Nelson, Tyler Seymour & Drew Burchfield have spent the past several years marrying the digital age with their imaginations. And they have proven time and time again that they can basically do anything they want. Because they are brilliant, and even harder workers than they are genius. My point? They created the iPhone app for Bonnaroo. Therefore, they got sweet passes. Somehow, they had an extra. Ultimately, I got to experience the Woodstock of our time. Thank you ALOOMPA & thank you BONNAROO. I wouldn't trade one trip to the port-a-potty, one breath of second hand pot, one footstep in the mud, one bead of sweat down my back for yesterday.

P.S. That's Conan O' Brian. We're buds now.



5 comments:

  1. but i don't believe i'll ever really be sick of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i'll watch this video 100 times before i'm even sick of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the video.

    but...

    nickleback? i find that oddly ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALOOMPA.....Impressive !!!

    ReplyDelete