6/29/10

171/365


The older we get, the more different our lives look. The more different our lives look, the closer we get. It used to be as simple as laying out on the trampoline and baking cookies. Now it's about having babies and taxes and in-laws and ex-wives :) Alot of complicated stuff on our plates, but our relationship feels pretty effortless. And I love her for that.

I got the chance to ride around with my best childhood friend, Brenna, today, and see her at work. Which I would recommend exposing yourself to all your best friend's work environments. It gives you a new appreciation and understanding for their life. I came away from a few hours with Brenna with this thought: we are all uniquely made. Thank God for that! Because I can look you in the eye and say that I was NOT created in any way to be a hospice nurse. Listening to Brenna dish out drugs in between patiently handling their disgruntled family members was very impressive to me. I mean, I can barely figure out how to properly apply a band-aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment