6/9/10

150/365


I was pretty high on life today. I wish I could bottle it up and take a dose of whatever I was drunk on today everyday. There was a moment when I was driving down the street, just thinking to myself "this is good. i love this." Maybe I should just claim my humanity and accept that that feeling is fleeting. But there's this voice inside of me that says not to settle for that. I can't really put my finger on what it is that set me into such a happy little orbit, but I think it might the perfect balance of socializing and work, structure and flexibility, predictable and variety in my day. I don't know about you, but for me that's such an overarc theme in my life. Finding balance. Work and play. Family and friends. Privacy and public. Grace and truth. Real and fantasy. Today I had the most relaxing and impromptu breakfast with a friend, ran some errands, wrote a song, had a voice lesson, went to a birthday party, then went to a show. I'm currently studying the elements of this day. Because there was something very right about it.

1 comment: