6/19/10

159/365


There are a million different opinions on what it takes to make it in Nashville. Well, I would say, in this case, it takes guts. Molly and I knew that we couldn't ignore the fact that God had opened all the doors for us to stand on that stage in front of those people in the face of huge opportunities. So we prayed, gave each other a hug, and went out there and shook our tutus in a room full of tattooed indie artists. And, I have to say, that without a doubt, this has been one of the most fulfilling music endeavors I've ever undertaken. It's less about the music, but more about the fact that we don't feel like we know how this thing turned into what it is. And, even more, we can't comprehend some of the things that could potentially be happening in the future with it. Minutes after we finished, we threw off our Santa hats, laid on the ground of the green room at the Rutledge in silence, then looked at each other and said, "we did it." As my publisher put it best, this will always be remembered as the week the Mistletoe Project grew its wings. Sounds more like something you'd say to The Reindeer Project, but I liked the sentiment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment