3/12/10

70/365


Nights like tonight don't come around everyday. (Let that sentence soak in a bit before you move on...)

I went to a show at the Ryman tonight--thanks to some awesome hook-ups. And in one sitting saw an artist sing my husband's song ("Last Horse"/Randy Montana) and an artist sing my song ("Gone Like That"/Josh Kelley). Cool dot com. Given that it is 4:06 am I MUST keep this short. But I do want to mention that it's really really really really stinkin special to know that a song I got to be a part of creating was sung in the same spot as every country music legend this town has seen. And many more.

But here's another thing that I was more intrigued by tonight. Tonight's show was really a Lady Antebellum show, meaning they headlined. I've always felt that weddings and big birthday parties tell a story about the people they are honoring. The people that surround you paint a picture of what you stand for, believe in, live for. And the same was true tonight. I have never felt a more humble, hungry, loving, gracious feeling from a group of people as I did from the Lady A "entourage" tonight. By entourage I mean the 100 people who gathered for an after-party. Every single person was smiling. It says a lot about that band. Something else to aspire to.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! Love the songs! Can't wait until they are on the radio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love it! i had no idea "gone like that" was yours, but it was my favorite song of his! so good.
    i am very glad that the video cut off just before i walked over singing like an idiot - "oh oh oh, oh oh oh, oh oh oh, oh oh oh.......if ya like it then ya shoulda put a ring on it."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl...Josh Kelley is one I play often these days! Very cool that you live this life of yours with such talented people...like yourself! Jealous. For sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a rockstar!! Josh and Charles are from my hometown!!

    ReplyDelete