3/16/10

74/365


Why do I dust, vacuum, change sheets and do laundry before I travel? Because I'm a woman, that's why. I used to be so intrigued with my mom's desire to wreak havoc on the household before we would leave for vacation. And I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Speaking of my mom, she was asked to give her testimony as part of this week's upcoming church service. I will spare you the time and details of her story, but you should know that it is a very powerful one. And since her story involves me, I was lucky enough to get to share my perspective on it today. I went into it thinking "no big deal. I'll speak from my heart for a few minutes." I'm not afraid of being in front of a camera, right? No more than 10 words into the thing do I start crying. Not just piddly little tears. But it became clear that I was going to have to just bawl for a while and then get the job done. For those of you in Sterling, get ready. I'm the ugliest crier you've ever seen.

I've got Parenthood rollin on DVR, bags packed, computer full of song ideas, and I'm ready to hit the road in the morning. I plan on making it my personal mission to keep Austin weird for the next 4 days. Adios.

3 comments:

  1. This has nothing to do with this blog, but do you have a new fan page on facebook? I was going to make a "group" or fan page on there and myspace for you...but then.. I saw the new fan page on facebook. Therefore, is it alright if I make a myspace one or something of that sort? If so, what all can I use (photos, music, info, etc.)? If not, it's alright!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will you email me? nicatnitemusic@gmail.com

    lets chat about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent an email using my oceanbluee4@hotmail.com account. If you did not receive it, just let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete