5/2/10

118/365


....and the rain came down and the floods came up....

This will be a day to remember. We went for a drive to investigate some of the damage done this weekend. Keep in mind that we primarily stayed out on our side of town, which is probably the least of Nashville's worries right now. And I couldn't help but think about how temporary everything in this life is. Friday evening I was stressing about cleaning my bathrooms. But for some reason, today, as I was reading friends' Facebook posts about sorting through lost family photos in their flooded basement and watching as their vehicle floated down the block upside down, my toilets didn't seem as urgent as I thought they were.

It's all temporary. The closet full of clothes. That garage full of cars. That living room full of furniture. So I better not hold on to it like it is.


2 comments:

  1. So true. Hope you stay safe. Nothing like a some irony in screen name. You used on my favorite Julie Roberts songs and I love that you used Dana Gover's "Rain" to accompany the video. Nashville, good luck on surviving and recovering from all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicolle, I like what you're doing here. Some great insights, particularly this piece. Thanks-
    pm

    ReplyDelete