5/18/10

130/365


For those of you who follow this blog, it comes as no surprise that I am ob-to-the-sessed with Needtobreathe. So you can imagine my excitement when I was in the middle of writing a song at the office today. Probably mid-brainbusting-rhyme-riddle thingy. Or whatever it is I do. When I hear a little knock-knock. Followed by a few other insignificant details. Followed by the only significant detail--Seth Bolt, the bass player from Needtobreathe, walking in the room. Handshake. The words "world's biggest fan" may have been said at some point. Anyway, it was awesome. And undoubtedly the highlight of my day. Pride was the only thing standing between that experience and potential video footage of the encounter.

Instead, you'll have to settle for a song I finished with Miss Musgraves after the rockstar left the building. The funny thing is that Needtobreathe is somewhat responsible for the song we wrote. There's a lyric in one of their songs that says something about being "dirty like corrupted small towns". That lyric really got me thinking about how there is so much good about small towns. No one is more of an advocate for promoting that side of the coin than me. But like everything in this world, there are imperfections. There's pain and guilt and loneliness and I could go on and on. Somehow that lead me to come up with the title "Broken Heartland", which is what we were working on when Mr. Needtobreathe walked in. Isn't it ironic....and awesome!

5 comments:

  1. great, great song - beautiful/honest lyrics - very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the song...keep it coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful song! It is so true. I almost hate to listen to songs you post on here because it is just a small clip and I always want more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song! I need to hear the whole thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it too early to request this on the radio? lol I haven't even heard the rest of it, and if I could pick "Song of the Year" for BMI/CMA/ACM/CMT/AAA/BBB/CCC/ETC., I'd choose this as the winner. But then again, it'd be a close race with "Today was a Tragedy", lol j/k!

    ReplyDelete