5/23/10

133/365

I come to you today from Springfield, Missouri. I have already found myself in the middle of the Sucker Days Festival where families basically take baseball bats out to the river and kill the bottom feeders, head back into town and all celebrate with a fish fry. I have driven down the middle of a hometown parade, asked a hometown cop for directions (to spare the ticket he was about ready to give me) and passed a horse and buggy on the highway. There's a little voice in my midwestern soul that whispers "now that's more like it".

Speaking of the midwest, my two best friends from Kansas are having baby girls within two weeks of each other. (Left out, party of me.) Which is what brings me to these her parts. Today's installment is in honor of too-skinny-to-be-7 months-preggo Carrie Wright. Remember her from Day 17? As I wrote to her daughter in the front of "The Giving Tree" yesterday, if she's half the mother she is a friend, Little Miss Baby Wright has hit the jackpot of mothers. She is so special and well worth the over-dramatic drive (long story) it took to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment