5/15/10

127/365


In high school, some people called me Nicola (sung, not spoken, like the Ricola commercial). More times than I can count I've been told I look like a Heidi. A guy I used to know called me Swiss Miss. Moral of the story: I look like I'm from Sweden.

So you can imagine how good it felt to reconnect with "my people" when I heard I got a cut back in my supposed homeland today :) Back in October, I wrote with an amazing all-girl group called Abalone Dots. They're amazing instrumentalists and vocalists. But it was their pale skin and square-shaped faces that I was really drawn to. Anyway, we spent a few hours together, wrote a song called "Lighthouse", they hopped on a plane, left the United States, and I never heard from them again. Until today. They cut the song we wrote, and I cannot wait to hear it. Think Dixie Chicks on crack!

1 comment:

  1. Hey~You are getting cuts left & right. GO YOU!!!

    PS. while I have your attention- what was in that mason jar everyone was tasting & do I need to try some?

    ReplyDelete