5/10/10

123/365


Merry Christmas in May! We just happened to be writing when we got a call that Point of Grace cut "The Giver & The Gift" today. 3 things we love: Jesus, Point of Grace, and Christmas. Wrap them all up with one big bow and you have a nice little package, if I do say so myself.

All cutesy narratives aside, we are both overflowing with gratitude. To think that on any given day God chose to put those particular words and that particular melody in our heads and let us put our names next to it is pretty wild. As you well know from my previous entries, songwriting isn't always a breeze. Sometimes it's a struggle and you run headfirst into a brick wall. But on this particular day, a song wrote itself as fast as we could type the lyrics. But EVERYDAY will keep you humble. Write a dud? Humbled. Write a hit? Humbled. No matter the outcome, its bigger than you. And both are reminders of that.

I would also like to mention that 3 years ago, Molly and I signed our first pub deals within a month of each other and have spent every other Monday since together. (If you do the math, I think that's roughly 72 Mondays.) We have spent many of them writing songs. Some we like. Some we don't. Some we love. And some not even worth finishing. But what's more, is that we've spent those Mondays crying about missing our family, dreaming of hearing our songs on the radio, sharing our inner-most-insecurities about love and music with each other. There is a transparency and an intimacy there unparalleled anywhere else on my writing calendar. We even wrote a song one day after Molly had a potentially big cut pulled out from under her in the final hour that says "the longer it takes, it's gonna be that much sweeter." Well, Molly Reed, this is 72 Mondays sweeter because it was with you, my dear friend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pumped for my new computer - I can actually see your videos now! Whooohoooo!

    You and Molly are both incredibly adorable, and I'm so excited for you. What an awesome thing. Congrats, ladies.

    ReplyDelete