5/14/10

125/365


Some would say that true character is revealed in times of struggle and tragedy. But I would argue that it is equally evident in times of success and great wealth. Tonight we were at a #1 party for "Hillbilly Bone", honoring Craig (Wiseman) and Luke (Laird), the co-writers. I think anyone who has dreams of having a hit song wonders what it feel like and what it would look like at THEIR #1 party. And I would want mine to look like the look on Luke Laird's face. He has had 4 #1 songs and got choked up as he spoke of his family and his fiance, seemingly in awe of what has happened to him. And I think, therein, is what separates the humble and the proud. You either believe that it happened TO you or you convince yourself that it happens BECAUSE of you. Luke Laird, who is an incredible talent, looks like he doesn't take much credit for the journey he is on. I wanna be like that if I'm ever in that position. Heck, I wanna be more like that NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment