5/16/10

128/365


On day 28 I introduced you to my sweet friend Tucker Perry. Better known as Miss Tennessee USA. She gave us all a tutorial in how to be a beauty queen. And tonight, she rocked the small screen in nothing but bikini strings. And, for that, I applaud her. (I also feel a responsibility to tell the world that I've watched that girl down fried chicken at Copper Kettle. It's nice to see a girl with a six-pack eat.)

Confession: I have never watched a beauty pageant of any kind in its entirety in my life. Probably because all the girls start to look alike. Probably because I start to obsess about my thighs. Probably because I can't stand watching women being judged on their body. Whatever the reasons, they all went out the window tonight. I maintained my position on the edge of the couch for 2 hours. Tucker made it into the top 10. She said in an interview that her dad told her to never let anyone outwork her, and that she was confident nobody had worked harder than her in the competition. Coming from the "Daughter Of A Workin' Man", I was proud of her. Good old-fashioned hard work is underrated. (As was proven in Tucker's 6-pack-abs tonight.)

No comments:

Post a Comment