1/28/10

28/365


Today I worked with Miss Tucker Perry. First of all, lets talk about how cool the name Tucker Perry is. I mean, the girl was basically pre-destined to be a rockstar when she got that name. Second of all, lets talk about the fact that Tucker is the reigning Miss Tennessee USA. No big deal. I know tons of beauty queens. NOT. We were working on music for EP that she'll have up on iTunes come May. Just in time for when she wins Miss USA (crossing fingers and toes).

We had an interesting conversation about how misleading personalities can be. For the better and the worse. Isn't it true that some of the sweetest, most tender people can get away with murder? We get sucked into someone's "niceness" and assume that even if their actions don't add up, we give them the benefit because they are "a nice guy". On the other hand, some of the most blunt, abrasive, challenging personalities can really be the most giving and selfless people underneath. As I was thinking about it later in the day, it really comes down to 1 word: MOTIVE.

In other words, I don't think the walls of our heart (if there is such a thing) are lined with a long list of all the things we did in our days here on planet earth. I think, if there's wallpaper of any kind, it says WHY we did the things we did and WHO we did it for. To please ourselves? To control others? To help the ones we love? To win the acceptance of our peers? To feed our own pride? Or was it to love everyone the best we could?

Maybe I buy into this theory because I fall into the more abrasive category at times. And I know that I can be alot of work to be around because I don't really know how to tell people what they wanna hear. I'm better at telling people what I think they need to hear (because that's what I value on the receiving end.) For the most part, I love this part of myself. But sometimes, if I'm completely honest, I wish I had a less assertive, more palatable disposition.

As for the current Miss Tennessee, she is extremely lovable, genuine, talented and everything BUT what you would expect from the typical "pageant girl". (Aside from the fact that she's gorgeous.) She used to sing background vocals for me in my live show and she would show up to rehearsal with no make-up and a t-shirt. POINT, TUCKER. I can assure you that HER graceful personality is nothing but an extension of who she is underneath.

So yay for Tucker. Thanks for being my friend. And for at least one year of my life, giving me the opportunity to casually drop "my friend, Miss Tennessee" in the middle of any conversation. YES.


2 comments:

  1. Don't Change, Wheezer. You are exactly the voice I need to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who said anything about changing :)

    love you too.

    ReplyDelete