1/10/10

10/365


If someone wrote a story about my day today, it would go something like this:

Nicolle slept until an embarrassingly late hour and neglected to attend church. She then proceeded to mindlessly watch a football game, movie, basketball game, & tv show. The end.

Lazy, unproductive days like this one are scary now that I'm doing this project. In the past, I could cruise through the gates of denial and pretend that I was less lame than I thought. But now I'm forced to sit down every night and take a good long look at what I accomplished or what was meaningful about the last 24 hours of my existence. And the last 24 hours of my existence were less than monumental, to say the least.

The good news is that the combination of stir craze & guilt that arises due to my inactivity usually spurs the following:

1. Gratitude for the ambitions and dreams that I have. (because w/o something to chase, I would have a LOT of days like this one.)

2. Motivation to accomplish something above average tomorrow.

3. Realization of the value of community. (Because I am left craving some quality socializing.)

Bottom line: Tomorrow will be better.

P.S. In case you wanted a more detailed report of my day: Ravens killed the Patriots. Michael Cera got the girl in "Youth in Revolt". The Vols upset #1 KU. Arizona beat the Packers in OT. And "Big Love" got a new opening credits reel to kick off the 4th season. WOW. That's both depressing & embarrassing.

2 comments:

  1. Will it be better? More productive-sure, but better?

    With more years than I care to think about, older than you & 3 kids (which mean often times my life is not my own), I relish the pajama, no-makeup wearing, don't have to be anywhere days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you are absolutely right. Today was in so many ways not better than yesterday.

    ReplyDelete