1/11/10

11/365


Nobody said it was gonna be glamourous. Nobody said it was gonna be flattering. And you can bet that nobody promised it would be easy.

Yep, that's the "road to rockstardom" I'm referring to. The ever-changing, seemingly never-ending, terribly conditional path that leads to success in the music biz. Sure, there are the glimpses into a what-could-be sparkly future along the way that keep the stars in your eyes. But few are the frills. And many are the hurdles. And for the most part, it is just plain old hard work.

Lets take, for instance, the video you see above. This is a video from this afternoon of me under the direction of my voice/stage/diva instructor, Ron. In this clip you are viewing Ron attempting to get me to breathe into my body and create a deeper, more resonating tone by opening up my rib cage. He does so by having me elevate the book resting on my stomach while singing a challenging line in a song. Rivoting stuff, I tell ya. One hundred percent pure glitz and glam right there, folks.

The moral of this demonstration: Learning to be a rockstar is not for wimps.

And I'm no wimp! :)




1 comment:

  1. As I stated on your myspace page, I have watched your youtube video of you playing...aka..burning up...a piano. I have listened to all of your songs that are online (20-30ish), and I love every single one of them. I love the vivid lyrics...I've never been to Kansas..but when I hear "Right About Now"...I'm standing in the middle of a cornfield...when I hear "Growing Her Wings", it takes me back to my childhood days..etc. See, there are singers, and then, there are SINGERS. For example, Alison Krauss has a unique voice, and when she sings, you just stop what you are doing and listen. In my opinion, you have that voice and more. Plus, the way you write in general (your blogs) is completely relatable to me, and though, at times, you may think your blogs are pointless, you've helped to motivate me to (attempt) to run again...to get out my old basketball and dribble up and down my driveway...etc. So, to sum it up, your voice is absolutely beautiful just the way it is, your songwriting/writing is undeniably awe-inspiring, and though I have not met you in person, your personality that beams through your writing/videos/live performances is genuinely amazing. So, pretty much...I think that classifies you as a rockstar. Just always remember that it's not about fame and fortune. As we both know, money isn't carried with you to the other side. So, just know that you've already helped one person in more ways than you can imagine....without all of the glamour. Anyway, I'll be praying for the best for you, and I hope you continue to remain the person you are...because you ARE a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete