1/12/10

12/365


As of 5:05 p.m. I was halfway thru mile 3 of my run, contemplating in what pajamas I'd be wearing to watch the American Idol premiere. As of 6:05 p.m., I was at a private "super exclusive" (yeah right) screening for the new movie, Crazyheart, with my publisher. And for those of you who know where I live, you can do the math and stand amazed (finish run+shower+hair/makeup+wardrobe+drivetime=1 hr.). The whole scenario was soooo Nashville. Turned out to be quite the social evening after all!

As of 8:05 p.m. I was having a lovely dinner with RDC and our good friend, Andrew. Andrew is one of my husband's best friends. He is also one of my great friends. One of those people with many layers. And the longer you know him, the more you realize that there's always another layer underneath that you haven't seen yet. Everything about Andrew's roots are everything that mine and my husband's roots are not. He was raised in Hollywood. That should tell you enough :) But, all around, the guy has the most fascinating stories. And as I was listening to him tell us about how he's gotta go to LA this weekend to work on a soundtrack song for a major motion picture (while I'll be home sorting my sock drawer and painting my toes), it became glaringly obvious to me how much I value the diverse pool of friends we/I have. They really run the gamut from left to right, liberal to conservative, angelic to heathen. Just kidding about that last part.

But in all seriousness, I am thankful for the diverse set of people that God has put in my path. They stretch me. They love me. And they all show me that we're really not all that different in the end. Tonight a farmer's son, the daughter of a concrete man, and a child of Hollywood all shared a meal, laughs, and laid another brick in the wall of our friendship.

We also managed to put quite a dent in that chocolate chip cookie you see above. Yum-0.




No comments:

Post a Comment