1/17/10

17/365


I crashed a wedding party today. Not the wedding. The wedding party. But you do what you gotta do to see your best friend from high school! I won't bore you with the details of why or how I ended up at a table full of bridesmaids, most of whom I didn't know. All you need to know is that I got a chance to reconnect with Miss Carrie (used to be Elliott), now Wright.

Carrie's one of those "pick right back up where you left off" friends. Some friendships require day-to-day contact to maintain a certain level of closeness. But not Carrie and I. I saw her for the first time in well over a year today. And after the initial hi/hug/"omigosh you're pregnant!" program (oh yeah, she's having a baby!!!), we literally stepped right back into the bff shoes. No wall of small talk to break through. No distance to overcome. Not an ounce of pretension to defy. An instant reconnect.

When I was a sophomore and she was a junior, we came to Nashville with our moms. When I was a junior and she was a senior, we dated brothers. I could go on and on. But you get it. We have years. Alot of them. And I wish this kind of friend for everyone in the world. They are rare and precious.

P.S. Thank you Megan for letting me borrow your bridesmaid today. :)



1 comment: