1/17/10

16/365


I love being married. I've got the ultimate sidekick until death do us part. I mean, you really could stick us in an empty room with white walls and I don't think we'd EVER get tired of each other. We'd talk, analyze, poke fun, dream, sit in silence, push each other's buttons forever. With that said, we don't have a problem flying solo when we need to. As was proven tonight...

When RDC is away (like off with his buddies carousing in the mountains of North Carolina), I get busy doing things I wouldn't if he were here. Liiiiiike....going to a musical, rocking out at a Band Hero party, seeing Jeremy Lister play, and making a Walmart run after midnite. All those things are possible when he's here. But he'll do them w/ me because he loves me. Not because he wants to. And that. is. why...

Solo weekends can really be a blessing. An opportunity to go and do whatever you want whenever you want with whoever you want. Without having to consider anybody else's plans, desires, or mood. I know that sounds extremely selfish. And that's because it is.

But I will say this...when I came home tonight, nobody was here. And it made me realize that no matter how much you think you appreciate somebody, you need their occasional absence to remind you. Because despite how fun getting to go whichever way the wind blew me tonight was, I still came home to an empty house. And I'm glad I did. Because it's raw evidence of how lucky I am to have my sidekick.

***On an semi-related note, I think I'm more than ready to go on the road w/ T-Swizzle now.

No comments:

Post a Comment