1/30/10

30/365


Nothin' like a good old-fashioned rivalry to keep me entertained while I'm "snowed in".

Over the Christmas break, I went to see KU play my alma mater, Belmont, in basketball. Seeing a game at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence is about more than just the competition. It's also about an incredible history and heritage and tradition. So, for the night, I took more pride in Kansas than Belmont (which has basically no tradition in athletics- don't even have a football team- which has left such a void from my college years I will never fill--but that's beside the point...). For just a few hours, I set my K-State Pride aside. And in doing so, I abandoned my family, friends, and ultimately, MYSELF! And for that, I was both ashamed and embarrassed.

So tonight, when the two faced off, I felt moved to go to a certain extreme to redeem myself. To earn back my Wildcat wings, per say. (As was shown in the video.)

It really cuts to lose. Especially in such a knock-down-drag-out-fight to the bitter end. I guess the only comfort I can find in it is knowing that no matter what the outcome, we all bleed purple together...

10 comments:

  1. ha ha ha. favorite video yet. :) smiled the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to cheer for the cats nic! We need to have a long talk about the individual that you call your husband. Nebraska and KU! That is about the same a rooting for the USSR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cole, you better take that up with him.

    tonight i actually appreciated him opposing me. it gave me something to fight for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1st off...Shannon and I (and entire Elliott family) are so very disappointed in you for not rooting for the hawks. However, we are proud of you for holding up your end of the deal by doing some skimpy snow angels. Love you anyways. Rock Chalk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best video so far! I love you and RDC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicolle, Dennis and I (and the Galyon family) are so very PROUD that you were rooting for the KATS.#1 fans in the nation. The days of KU domination are over. Rodney, so much for you ever getting a gig in Manhattan. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was awesome! Sorry about the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. best video yet. a snow angel (on crusty snow) in shorts and a t-shirt. you are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bleed purple with you! K-S-U WILDCATS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This video was heart warming to my core. I bleed purple and have since burth. It is where I am an alumni and where my heart will always be! Thank you for your heart and dedication to our team :)

    ReplyDelete