1/29/10

29/365


Originally, I had a fun lunch date with some friends, a 1st birthday party, happy hour drinks in honor of Kansas Day, and a double dinner date planned for today. I had a day off from all things music, so I had maxed out my calendar to its full social capacity.

Then it snowed.

A bunch.

So I quickly moved on to Plan B- me. my best friend. breakfast in bed. ski gear. a sled. mid-afternoon sonic diet coke. hot chocolate. broccolli cheddar soup. fireplace. couch. blanket. appletv. movie. slippers. leggings. candles. more candles. guitar. bubble bath. donald miller book. blog. ahhhh....

The soundtrack for today's entry is "A Little Bit of Love" by the lovely (and I mean LOVELY) Joy Williams. It's so true when she says "the best things in life are always the simple things". I think we proved her point today :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm just north of Nashville, and it didn't do anything until about 1 p.m. Then boom. It now looks like we're in a huge snow globe, especially the way the wind keeps whipping across the roofs! Lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this video. Looks like so much fun and you guys are too cute. Lucy is soooooo desperate for snow. There were a few big flakes coming down after she was in bed and I am praying for more so that she can at least see it tomorrow.

    Thanks for you sweet comment today. It is always the days that I fear I have absolutely nothing worth showing for the day that my favorite images come along.

    One more thing. Something is weird with your comment function. It always tells me that it can't process my comment but if I hit post comment again, it takes me to the part where you enter the random letters. Check on that because I bet it deters people from leaving comments because they probably think it doesn't work, and we all know we WANT comments. It is encouraging and keeps you going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we'll take a "snow check" for that double date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the video. It looks like you had a blast hangin with friends in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this video. It made me want to go play in the snow. (although we never get snow here!) Looks like a lot of fun! Your blog is so much fun to come to and visit! Love your 365 project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I just checked your facebook and realized that you are married to Rodney Clawson! I grew up in the Spearman/Gruver Texas area and my mom Tracie Womack went to school with Rodney. I am always amazed at what a small world it is! This makes reading your blog so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tara, that's pretty cool! how did you get turned on to my blog if you didn't know i was married to rodney?!

    ReplyDelete