1/6/10

6/365



I thought I had taken all the necessary precautions.

I had booked something for every day in January. I began a serious workout regimen. I made a list of big projects on hand for any unforeseeable downtime. I started a new Bible challenge (reading all of Proverbs this month). All fool-proof ways to prevent the POST-CHRISTMAS DEPRESSION. But one co-writer got sick and another one flaked out on me, so I was faced with two days of TOO MUCH free time. And sure enough.....

BAM! Severe cases of family withdrawals, heavy-heartedness, bon bon cravings...you name it. It just got the best of me today. And I was doing so well too!!!

Will someone just tell me that they experience something...ANYthing... similar to this in the slightest way so I won't feel like a mental patient worthy of a straightjacket?

Going to send RDC out to get me something with sugar.


6 comments:

  1. I assure you that I do through some form of this every year. I think we rush so hard to live "in the moment" we just wear ourselves down. I feel like I let projects go this week myself. No bon-bon cravings yet, but now that you mentioned it, it is definitely on my brain!
    Hope you get out of the "slump" soon. Some time off you may do you some good!
    Cheers in 2010!
    -Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm Tiffany, 22 years old, from Tennessee, and I suffer from post-summer depression. In mid-August, I turn blue and remain blue until mid-April. Haha, seriously though, this recent 10 degree weather is a bummer (I know it could be worse, but it doesn't help when I have to stay indoors!) One of the best things to do is to do something that doesn't allow you to think about anything except for what you are doing at that moment, such as bowling, table tennis, a fast card game, etc. That may sound simply dumb, but it works for me. Or you can just step outside, pretend the Robins and Blue Jays are penguins and tap your feet...like Happy Feet.

    Well, thank you for attending PCDA (Post-Christmas Depression Anonymous). The session is now over. Please subscribe for only $9.99 a month!!!!!

    (please note that there is absolutely NO sarcasm intended, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been depressed since I saw your legs on day 4!

    You are reading Proverbs. You know that God is good all the time. Take your cares, complaints & cravings to him.

    Also, chocolate is always good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. amy- first of all, what are you doing up at 4:59am?

    secondly, my legs were shot at a flattering angle. don't get jealous. you are ONE HOT MAMA. thank you for reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still suffering from post Christmas depression. And to make it even worse, I've been with my family for 3 weeks now. As much as I love my family, I'm ready to be out of here again! Fortunately, I will once again have a schedule to follow on Monday...but not before seeing Brad Paisley in concert tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caleb-

    Good live country music can cure most anything! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete