1/3/10

3/365


If you've never done something completely insane because you knew it would make someone else happy, then you've never really been in love. And you SURE haven't been married. In the past few years I've gone pheasant hunting, learned to live in a house with sub 70 degree temps, given up wearing hooded sweatshirts to bed, and learned to love Thai food. All for love. But today's case of crazy revolved around a product called Bear B Cue. My hubby (who I will refer to as RDC) is a connoisseur of all things barbeque. It's serious. In the early stages of our relationship, I watched as he would take his roll and wipe [yes, i said wipe] the excess bar-b-que sauce off of his plate at a restaurant and savor every last bite in the truest of redneck fashions. I married him anyway. :)

In November, he discovered Bear B Cue. It's a set of bbq sauces packaged in honey bear containters. It just so happens to be manufactured in Inman, Kansas--only about 20 minutes from my hometown. Since this discovery, he has carried a bottle of it in his coat pocket into a steakhouse and used it in front of mixed company. And after all the turkey was gone at Christmas, I watched him smother a few platefuls of mashed potatoes with it. It's quite obnoxious, but a little bit cute too.We brought a LARGE number of bottles of the stuff back to TN w/ us. I believe there are 6 bottles in the door of our refrigerator right now.

Without so much as speaking a word, I knew he was dying to use that bbq sauce to it's full potential. So I made a turkey today. Does it make any sense to cook a turkey 10 days after Christmas? Nope. Do I really want to eat more turkey? Nope. Does it really save that much money to cook a whole turkey instead of buying deli turkey? Nope. But was I a good wife today? YES. YES YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment