1/2/10

INTRO

My name is Nicolle Galyon. And I will post 1 video a day for the next 365 days. I will also pair a blog with each video.

Ok, I said it. And you heard me say it. So it’s real. And I’m committed. Now I HAVE to follow through.

WHY?

1. I’m a songwriter by day. But outside of what I get paid to do, I’m a writer. No box to fit it in. So it only makes sense that I would blog regularly. But I’ll tell you that I’ve jumped on and quickly off the blogging bandwagon like a a fad dieter. And it’s because I never had a focus. I believe that my best songwriting is done when I am: a) honest b) specific & c)focused & d) doing it everyday. And since blogging has never been any of those things before, I thought it was high-time to give it some honest, specific, focused attention everyday.

2. I am also a [very] amateur home –video producer. I love capturing the moments of my life that will never come around again. And, in all honesty, that is basically ALL of them. No day will ever be like today or tomorrow or yesterday again. So I have become extremely passionate about capturing these moments as frequently as possible (sometimes even to the dismay of my current company.)

3. I am living a story. I’m finishing up an incredible book right now called “A Million Miles In A 1000 Days”. Within the first few pages, the author Donald Miller touches on how little we actually remember from our lives. The book is actually about making your life a story rather than a series of random events. And I want to REMEMBER my story. Which leads to the fact that:

All of these things have attributed to this project. I will create a short video every day this year. They will vary in length, mood, topic, importance, and [unfortunately] entertainment value. But they will all be mine J Each video will be paired with a blog that is some way (hopefully) tied into the video. That will help me to keep my eyes open all day long to the details of my world; that will keep me writing a little something every night; and most importantly, it just might give me a little extrea incentive to do or notice something that is worth talking about.

Maybe 5 people will care. Maybe by the end of the year 5000 will care. But it’s going to be just as much fun to look back at this in 10 years either way. So, if you’re reading this….

WELCOME to THE FLIP PROJECT.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the 365 project. It seems so easy (in theory), but I know from experience that's not the case. I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. barking rocks is excited to fill in a couple of the 365 opportunities. till then, tiberia

    ReplyDelete