5/20/10

132/365


I'm currently in the process of the whole laundry/folding/packing/organizing regimen right now, so I'm a little distracted as I write tonight.

Today I wrote a song with one of my favorite writers, Jason Walker, at his new loft in the Gulch. Lets talk about how stinkin bad I wanna live in a condo overlooking downtown. But then we'd have to talk about how stinking bad my better half likes living within a stone's throw of the lake. And, in this case, seniority wins ;) We were writing for his next project that will probably come out later this year. Jason was my co-writer on "Echo" and I am always inspired by his musicality. The guy overflows with melodies all day long. So all good there.

Then I made a little appearance at my manager's office to sign the paperwork for pub deal 2.0. Basically, the people I work for want to keep working with me for at least 2 more years. Praise Jesus, Hallelujah! I realize that there are people everywhere whose spirits are crushed by the fact that what they do and what they love are not synonymous. And I look at how for the past 3 years, I've been paid to write songs. And when I stop and put it into perspective (not to get too sappy here), I can't help but think about how when i moved to Nashville, I had never written a song. And here I am. Doing it everyday. Wow. No words.

Then, I spent a little time with my diva coach, did a radio interview for a radio show in Kentucky, met my man for dinner, then stopped by my best friend's house on the way home for a little clothing exchange.

Moral of the story? Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment