2/5/10

35/365


He needs no introduction, but I will introduce him anyway. Mister Cooper Galyon. My youngest brother. It probably wasn't 20 minutes after I had walked in the door and dropped my bags, and he was already showing me his powerpoint presentation on China. Let me repeat that. Powerpoint. In 3rd grade. It's only a matter of time before he's giving me pointers on how to edit my vids. That'll be the day ;)

Anyway, he is one of the many reasons my feet touch Kansas soil as frequently as they do. He was 1 year and 1 month old when I moved out and left for Nashville. And as I look at the little man he is becoming, it's almost like he's a tangible reminder of how much life has happened since that move. He could barely walk when I left and now he's capable of launching missiles from a Mac (or at least coming close to it). I hadn't written a single song or driven on the interstate when he was born and now I'm...well...doing alot of both of those things everyday. It's almost like we've grown up together. But apart.

I was so afraid when I decided to move to Nash that Cooper (and Riley) weren't going to know me anymore. I was afraid they'd forget me with time. I thought that someday I might walk in the front door and they wouldn't know who I was. Not in a "I've never seen this person before" kinda way. But more of a "you're just some girl that I'm related to" kinda way. So, much to the dismay of my employer at the time, and contrary to "cool college kid" behavior, I came home ALOT. And I guess I just never stopped. Because I've been in Nashville for almost 8 years now. And today, Cooper called me on my way home from the airport just to tell me he got a new pair of jeans that are "really cool cause they're more fitted in the leg". Now you don't do that to just "some girl".

1 comment:

  1. This is just the sweetest thing ever! I'm the only child..college senior..who drives a little too fast on the interstate..with the music a little too loud..to come home to visit with my parents EVERY weekend. So, I relate, fully. This blog brought tears to my eyes, and I'm 99.9% sure that I'm Ouiser's from Steel Magnolias twin/daughter/cousin haha..so yeah, LOL. I've been wanting to get out of Tennessee since the day I graduated from high school (yes..yes, I know), but last night after reading this, it was a reminder as to how soon I am to not being able to see my parents every weekend...so bittersweet to say the least! ..I won't share anymore stories, haha.. otherwise, you'll be changing the name of this blog to "The Flip Project and Tiffany's Autobiography", haha. Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful time with your family!

    ReplyDelete