2/12/10

43/365


It wasn't as smooth as it looks. Me and these two lovely young men....welp.....we just basically banged our heads against the wall working on a song for 5 hours today. 7 lines in 5 hours. It wasn't because we couldn't have finished it. We could have finished it in time to go grab lunch, coffee, and swing by Gigi's for cupcakes. But we set the bar really high today, and we refused to write anything that wasn't perfect. And it was frustrating as [whatever word you think has the most impact here]. Sometimes setting the bar as high as we did makes for a masterfully-crafted piece of work, and sometimes it makes for an uninspired, unemotional piece of crap. We won't know which it is until we finish another day. It's tricky for me sometimes, because I don't know where the perfect balance lies between inspiration and hard-work, the head and the heart, the voluntary and the involuntary with songwriting. Guess if I knew all that I'd already be rich :)

I'm absolutely exhausted. Tonight is the first night this week to get home before midnight. I just wanna crawl up and sleep for about 3 days. Clawson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment