2/18/10

49/365


Maybe I like to live on the edge. Or maybe I like to push the limits. Or maybe--JUST MAYBE--I was going to be late to my meeting if I stopped to get gas on the way.

Here's the truth. My gas tank isn't the only thing that been running on empty lately. My tear ducts have been working overtime too...because I've been nothing but a big old bawl baby for the past week. But here's the good news. Today I pulled myself out of it. I don't think it was a big coincidence that the weather got out of the 30's for the first time in awhile ;) The "Februaries" are real, people. I'm telling you. Take them seriously.

In other news, I had a meeting with some of my "team" today. Planning. Dreaming. Preparing. As we were sitting around a table plotting out a path, I was thinking how it is truly a gift to have someone who believes in you. I know at first read that sounds a little bit cheesy. But really guys. It is RARE. And carries so much weight. The transfer of belief impacts this world on a moment-by-moment basis.

Then I took it a bit further and started wondering if it is possible to love someone and not believe in them. What if you have a best friend who wants to be a painter, but you think they're a horrible artist? Is it possible to love them purely and fully without believing in them as a painter? I think belief is its own thing. Which makes me all the more grateful for the ones who believe in me. Because they sure as the sun don't HAVE to.

I wish for everyone in the world to have at least 1 person who just flat out believes in them. It's powerful.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, Nic. We must discuss more later - like tonight!

    Love you! (AND believe in you!)

    ReplyDelete