2/17/10

47/365


My mom is the best. The fact that I'm almost 26 and still get homemade cookies in the shape of music notes frosted by Cooper....well, it brings a tear to my eye.

Today's belated package reminds me of V-Day 3 years ago.... Unbeknownst to me, Rodney had asked my parents' blessing to marry me at the previous Christmas. They said yes, of course. In that conversation he revealed that his plan was to propose on the upcoming Valentine's Day. Obviously I was oblivious to this fact.

So, you can imagine my shock when V-Day rolls around and I receive an ENORMOUS box from my parents. (Enormous meaning big enough to fit several microwaves in it.) It was full of V-Day everything....cookies, socks, journal, etc.. Not to mention, the sweetest, most-tear-jerking card. I remember at the time thinking "WOW. Mom pulled out all the stops this year!" Little did I know, it was because she thought that was the day I would get a ring.

Fast forward to March 13th. I call my parents screaming that "I'm getting marrieeeddddddd!!!" and their response.....WHEW! We thought something was wrong with you guys! Apparently, when I got no ring on VDay, they assumed the worst.

Well, the good news is this. I got engaged. I got married. And I still get amazing V-day packages from my mom. SCORE. SCORE. SCORE.


2 comments:

  1. So awesome!

    And I can imagine they were freaked on Valentine's Day with no phone call of an engagement. :) But clearly it all worked out perfectly. Awwwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!! AND LAMONNA HAN. And Nicolle Clawson, of course.

    ReplyDelete