2/24/10

54/365


What do you do when you're in denial about the fact that it's still February? You write a song that sounds like something coming out of the swimming pool speakers, hit the nearest Sonic and paint your toes hot pink! Simple as that. But in all actuality, there's something to bringing the summer to you. Why wait around for the sun to shine and the seasons to change when you can heat things up your own. I know that sounds cheesy, but life is all about perspective.

Here's what really happened. If I don't run before work like this morning, I oftentimes don't get to go outside until lunchtime. I walk straight from my house into the garage, drive into town into the Warner parking garage, go up the elevator into a writing room. Never once encountering fresh air. So on days like today, I don't realize that I'm an idiot for wearing a t-shirt when it's 35 degrees outside until about....oh.....2pm. In this case, ignorance really was bliss. (For those who live outside of Nashville, we've have almost 70 degree weather the past few days, which I thought would continue on today.) I was blissfully rocking to Justin Bieber on my drive into town. Blissfully wanting to write a summer song. When I walked outside at 2 and realized that I was going to be in town all day today with no coat, I had to hit the Urban Outfitters sale rack for something with sleeves. Darn..... ;)

Nothing $15 didn't solve. And I got the cutest little feel good piece of ear candy out of the deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment