2/6/10

36/365


Thank you, Horace Mann Elementary. You gave me the most amazing gift today. The reminder of how beautiful music can be in its purest form. And the reminder of why I fell in love with music in the first place. It wasn't about popularity. It wasn't about radio or publishing deals. It wasn't about who's cutting whose song. It wasn't about money. Don't get me wrong, all those things are very nice and I would like to experience a little bit of all of that in the future. But in the beginning, my love for songs was about taking a thought that was in my head and giving it life. Today was one the very first times I have gotten to see one of my songs come to life like this. And it. Was. Awesome.

I wrote this song with my dear friend Molly Reed and it just so happens to be her 25th birthday. Sooooo...I'm hoping that this video will kinda make up for the fact that I couldn't be with her to celebrate. Thank you Lord for Molly Reed & Horace Mann.


5 comments:

  1. this is way amazing, nicolle! what angelic voices :) congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite songs combined with such a sweet chorus of voices = a moving video! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicolle,

    Thank you so much for taking time out to come to our school. You really touched a lot of kids hearts, you never know what one thing you might do that may change someone's life forever. Teaching children and spending time with them is so important. I cannot think of a greater gift than impacting someone else's life. You did that for so many people yesterday, it was truly beautiful. Thank you so much! :) God bless you and keep you going through all of your trials and tribulations. Don't ever stop!

    Christie Klein
    Horace Mann Middle School Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me SMILE REAL BIG! I could just see the look of inspiration and a sense of being a live on their little faces, especially the little girl's faces, when they got the chance to see with you. What beautiful words that you put into their mouths. I also thought it was funny to see the boys that were "too cool for school" to sing a long with you. They were missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. My favorite video of all!!! So beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete