2/21/10

51/365


It had to happen. This place needed some serious TLC. And nothin' feels better than laying on a bed that smell like Downy in a room full of vacuum stripes while Pine Sol floats through the air. Ahhhhhh....

Today was a reminder of why I will ALWAYS live in a place that has 4 seasons. 60 something degrees after weeks and weeks of weather in the 20/30's. It's just impossible to appreciate that if you live in Los Angeles. It is JUST like seasons in my life. Cold, cold, cold, cold, not-so-cold= one grateful girl. Not-so-cold, not-so-cold, not-so-cold= I don't even notice.

The change of seasons has and always will the ultimate reminder that 1. God is in control. (because if anybody else out there can explain how to manipulate the weather, I'd love to hear it.) and that 2. God has mercy on us. (because lets be honest. He doesn't HAVE to save us from the "Februaries"-the long winter blues, but he does.)

Of course, the only day that we've had nice weather this year just happened to be the only day I had available to clean house. Luckily, Downy dryer sheets are a pretty good substitute for fresh air....

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing this weekend. I felt like I conquered the world and that my world was a little brighter because it was a little cleaner!

    So...I started a blog. You were definitly inspiration for it. It is:
    http://whatismoretolove.blogspot.com/

    Check it out for a little inspiration yourself. But I felt that along with finding inspiration from others that I would try to create some myself! Here we go...

    ReplyDelete